Under Armour Performance Mouthwear™ engineered to unlock your power and potential
Your power and potential are inside you, but they're blocked by one of the human body’s instinctive reflex systems – teeth-clenching. Strength, power, and speed are all affected by performance-sapping hormones released when you clench your teeth. With safe, custom-built mouthguards, athletes in any sport can become stronger, faster and better. Whether you need protection in contact sports or you just want to improve your game, Under Armour Performance Mouthwear™ with ArmourBite™ Technology gives every athlete an edge.
UA Performance Mouthwear helps the human body by unlocking the power of the jaw. Patented ArmourBite™ Technology prevents your teeth from clenching and pivots your jaw forward to relieve pressure on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Gone are excess negative hormones and the energy-draining effects; your body can now unleash its full potential.
Which full-contact sports require the use of a mouth guard?
- Martial Arts
- Water Sports
Mouth guards are recommended for many limited or non-contact sports as well, including:
- Ice Skating
- Weight Lifting
Schedule a Consultation
Benefits of Sports Mouthguards
Different athletic activities place different strains on the teeth. While it might be obvious for someone involved in contact sports to wear a mouth guard to prevent teeth from being knocked out during a tackle, many non-contact sports participants don’t realize a mouth guard benefits them too. Any sport involving high speeds, heights or movement should consider using a mouth guard to prevent teeth damage. Even a recreational bike rider could benefit from a mouth guard in the event of a fall.
Independent studies conducted at some of the nation’s top universities and research centers have proven the undeniable advantages of UA Performance Mouthwear.
- UA Performance Mouthwear has been proven to increase strength by an average of 17% with the UA Performance Mouthpiece and 12% with the UA Performance Mouth Guard, allowing for improved airflow and less stress from clenching.
- UA Performance Mouthwear helps open up the airways during sports, resulting in 25% less lactic acid build-up after 30 minutes of intense exercise.
Speeds Up Reaction Time
- Clinical trials show an improvement in responding to auditory cues and potential improvement in response to visual cues so athletes may respond faster when wearing UA Performance Mouthwear. Having the right mouth guard means you don’t have to worry about an accidental tackle damaging your smile.
Reduces Athletic Stress
- Excess cortisol causes stress, fatigue and distraction. UA Performance Mouthwear decreases cortisol production, so you feel and play better.
- When the jaw suffers an impact, energy can be transmitted to the head, causing a concussion. UA Performance Mouth Guards have been shown to reduce G-Force impact to the jaw by up to 20%.
Night Guards for Protection While You Sleep
Conditions like bruxism or TMJ can cause grinding while you sleep. Custom night guards for your mouth protect your teeth and let you sleep soundly. In some patients, nightly grinding is a sign of sleep apnea.
Common Questions About Sports Mouth Guards
Q: Do I need to wear a mouthguard when playing sports?
A: Wearing a mouth guard while playing sports is highly suggested. A mouth guard reduces the likelihood of losing teeth due to a hit or injury and can help prevent concussions. Total Care Dental provides custom UnderArmour Performance Mouthwear for patients who want to protect their teeth as they play sports.